Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Color my World

This week, I had the privilege of attending a fashion show for a major designer. Someone asked me before the show, to describe the clothing. My response was, " I love his clothing, very neutral pieces." Looking back on all the beautiful fashion shows I have attended, I have never once thought during a show, "something is missing". This time I did. The closest thing to color in the show was dark gray. Gorgeous outfit after outfit came down the runway in beige, gray, black and white. The pieces were beyond stunning, but something was missing.
I started thinking, this is often the way I dress. Many people have told me, I would like to see you in some color. The runway this week made me realize it is time to start adding some spice in wardrobe life!
The best part about this, most major sales start on Memorial Day Weekend which is almost here.
Lately my attempts to add color have been with accessories, above: Shoes- Christian Louboutin and Bag- Celine.
 
Below I have found colorful pieces that will spice things up a bit. I must warn you, though, it was not easy! If you see a beautiful colorful top, buy it. And if you have color in your wardrobe already, do not get rid of it!
 
ROLAND MOURET:
 Eugene Open Back Crepe Wool Top :$655
Available at

DIANE von FURSTENBERG:
Mallorie Pleated Stretch Crepe top: $250
Available at www.netaporter.com
 
J CREW: Emerald Pool Linen Shirt:$79.50 (25% off with code SALETREAT)
This shirt comes in 6 colors, they are all neutrals except  emerald pool and sweet persimmon.
Available at www.jcrew.com
 
 
TOWNSEN: Papaya Silk Camisole $132
Available at www.saks.com
 
RAMY BROOK: Paige Silk Halter Blouse $295
Available at
www.saks.com
 
ISABEL MARANT ETOILE:  Silo Embroidered Top $395
Available at www.barneys.com
 
A picture or two,  is worth a thousand words:
 
Amal in Spring/Summer 15 Gucci

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment