Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Investment Pieces




I know some times it is hard to bite the bullet and pay more than you would like for certain pieces of clothing and accessories.  However, I had an "ah ha" moment recently when I was in LA., and got dressed to go to dinner.
 The bag I was carrying, was a classic Chanel and over 10 years old. The skirt and shoes were Alaia and 3 years old. (I also have an Alaia dress that is 7 years old, that  I still love pulling out of the cedar closet each spring.) The top was a cotton fitted tank.

 My story has 2 points:

** When you find an item that is beautiful, you love, and  it fits great, it is worth paying a little more than you may want or expect. If it is classic, you will wear it for years to come and get your money's worth.

**  We are so supposed to be mixing higher end and lower end pieces. I would never want any top to take away from the beautiful skirt and bag I was carrying that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment